Cupro Nickel 70/30
- 70/30 Cupro Nickel is mainly preferred when the severity of service condition (Cooling water, steam, condensate, temperature, etc.) is such as to virtually rule out all other copper metals.
- Due to its hardness and to the type of oxide whereby its surface is self-protected, 70/30 Cupro Nickel has excellent resistance to impingement and erosion-corrosion by of suspended solids in sea water flowing at up to 3-3.5 m/s (10-11.5 ft /s).
- Like all Cupro-nickels, 70/30 Cupro Nickel is virtually immune from stress-corrosion cracking.
- It can be very sensitive to deposit attack and is therefore not recommended for stagnant or slow moving (under 1-1.2 m/s or 3.5-4 ft/s) water.
70/30 Cupro Nickel is very widely employed in water desalination plants, especially in the most critical areas such as the heat reject and brine heater stages, as well as in the under cooling areas of power station condensers, in the chemical, petrochemical and food processing industries and, more generally, in all applications where top corrosion resistance is required from both the shell and tube side.
Product Application Areas
- Heat Condensers & Exchangers
- Power Plants
- Desalination Plants
- Ship Building & Ship Repairs
- High Capacity Power Plants
- Distiller Tubes
- Evaporators & Ferrules.
- 1/2" to 6' in OD & NB in various SWG & SCH
- Round, square, rectangular, coil, 'u' shape, pan cake, hydraulic
- Single random, double random & required length
- Plain end, beveled end, threaded
- Copper nickel - Cu-Ni Seamless Tube, C 70600 (CU -NI- 90/10), C 71500 (CU -NI- 70/30)